COVID-19 (coronavirus) update
If you believe you have symptoms associated with COVID-19 – including a new continuous cough and a high temperature – you are advised to stay at home for 7 days. You should not try to book a GP appointment or attend your GP practice, unless your symptoms deteriorate and then you should access the NHS 111 online coronavirus service.
There will be NO testing or treatment available for COVID-19 at the UTC.
At the Practice Plus Group Urgent Treatment Centre, Southampton we have made numerous alterations to our practices to ensure your safety and the safety of our staff. Whilst at the UTC and while we to treat you, please adhere to the below social distancing guidelines:
1. Please attend alone as only those that require treatment will be allowed to enter the department (unless you are accompanying a child, you’re a carer for an adult or supporting a person that lacks mental capacity).
2. Screening at the entrance for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 has been introduced. This includes having your temperature taken and being asked a set of screening questions to ensure that you are not at risk of having COVID-19.
3. You will be encouraged to use hand sanitisers when you arrive and when you leave the service.
4. All patients that are required to be seen that potentially have symptoms of COVID-19 will be seen immediately and taken to an isolation room within the unit.
5. Please follow the social distancing signs that are on the floor to ensure you maintain a 2 metre distance whilst queuing to book in.
6. Please stand 2 metres away from the reception staff whilst you’re booking in.
7. If there is enough capacity within the department you will be asked to take a seat which are deliberately positioned 2 metres apart. If there is no capacity within the waiting area you will be asked to return to your car with a hand held buzzer until a practitioner is ready to see you.
8. All staff that consult with you and are less than two metres away from you will be wearing a surgical mask, apron and gloves.
At the Practice Plus Group Urgent Treatment Centre, Southampton we provide fast, convenient and expert care for any NHS patient with a minor injury or illness that is not life/limb threatening.
Our team of skilled UTC practitioners and GP’s can offer treatment, advice and information for a range of minor injuries and illnesses. Our waiting times can be considerably less than emergency departments and if we are unable to help, we can refer or direct you to the most appropriate service.
Patients are treated in order of priority rather than order of attendance.
Call NHS 111 before visiting us to get an appointment at a specific time.
*Please note that we are unable to provide clinical advice over the telephone. Calls may be recorded for quality and training purposes.
Monday – Friday: 7.30am – 10pm
Weekends and bank holidays: 8am – 10pm
Last patient accepted at 9.30pm
The UTC is open to all NHS patients, no appointments required.
0333 999 7613
Calls may be recorded for quality and training purposes.
Royal South Hants Hospital
Level B, Brintons Terrace
We are located at the Royal South Hants Hospital. The entrance can be found adjacent to car park F, to the left of the main entrance on level B.
Please do not call Practice Plus Group Hospital, Southampton with enquiries about Practice Plus Group Urgent Treatment Centre, Southampton. The centre is based in a different part of the hospital and cannot help with UTC enquiries. In the first instance please read our FAQs.
For adults and children, we are able to:
For these conditions you should go online and contact your GP or call 111. In an emergency, attend your nearest A&E or dial 999.